Lorraine B

My photo
Hello and welcome to a place of Spiritual Refuge. A place where you can come and meditate on the word of God as it encourages and empowers you to live on top of the world everyday. I've always had a passion for writing ever since I was a child. Now I'm an adult I've decided to allow God to use one of the many gifts he's given me to encourage and create a place of spiritual refuge for the discouraged, broken hearten and those who at times feel they have no hope. I thank God for all of the gifts that he has given me and my greatest intent is for me to give them back to him by using them for his Glory. Enjoy, be encouraged and inspired. Lorraine B :)

Monday, March 19, 2012

Spiritual Work

James 2:14-26 - Faith without works is dead

James 2 talks about faith without works being dead and I know that for me personally I use to interpret that by meaning that if I had faith about something, I had to physically go out there and do some "work" or something physical so that my faith can be activated and proven as true. But have you ever considered spiritual work? I know that in my walk, I've believed God for many things and it came to pass just because of the spiritual work that I used to fuel my faith.

Spiritual work you might say? Yes! Spiritual work! Spiritual work can be anything from a prayer, a confession, an utmost belief in your heart or whatever it is that your heart is set on once you know for a fact that it is in the will of God. By no means I'm a saying that you shouldn't put physical work behind your faith but don't start anything in the physical realm if you haven't prepared for it in the spiritual realm first. You want that mate? That job? That breakthrough? Prepare for it by faith in the spirit. Pray, read the word of God, stand on the word, confess the word and put your spiritual work into action. You must do the spiritual work first before you go out there to do the physical work. And in my case a lot of times by the time I put in my spiritual work, the physical work becomes so effortless and many time isn't needed. So with that said, put in your spiritual work to fuel and back up your faith and sit back, rest and see what God will do for you :)

Thanks for reading and stay encouraged...until next time be blessed.

Jess Lo

(c)Lorraine Benjamin 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment