Lorraine B

My photo
Hello and welcome to a place of Spiritual Refuge. A place where you can come and meditate on the word of God as it encourages and empowers you to live on top of the world everyday. I've always had a passion for writing ever since I was a child. Now I'm an adult I've decided to allow God to use one of the many gifts he's given me to encourage and create a place of spiritual refuge for the discouraged, broken hearten and those who at times feel they have no hope. I thank God for all of the gifts that he has given me and my greatest intent is for me to give them back to him by using them for his Glory. Enjoy, be encouraged and inspired. Lorraine B :)

Sunday, January 29, 2012

God will upgrade you!

Genesis 3

As I read Genesis 3, the chapter talks about the fall of man. And during the fall of man I realized that even though God was upset at Adam and Eve because they disobeyed Him, He loved them so much that he still upgraded them. When they realized that they were naked, THEY CHOSE to make clothes out of leaves to hide their nakedness but after they confessed what they did to God, He upgraded them by making garments out of skin.

Now, you do the comparison, do you want to clothe yourself with mere leaves of doing everything yourself, trying to play hero, being burnt out striving and striving or would you prefer for God to upgrade you with skin. The skin of his righteousness,the skin of something that is peaceful,rich, beautiful and that will last for a lifetime. So why do you want to settle for the “leaves” that you’ve made for yourself while you go through your mess? The choice is yours, but if I were you, I would stop settling for what I’m trying to do on my own and allow God to upgrade me through my confession and repentance of sin in order to do away with the leaves I created for myself that isn’t really worth much. Allow God to upgrade you today. Stop settling for mere leaves that can be easily torn or blown away with the wind. Choose his skin of blessings and righteousness that will last forever, never being blown away with the wind.

(c) Lorraine Benjamin 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment