Lorraine B

My photo
Hello and welcome to a place of Spiritual Refuge. A place where you can come and meditate on the word of God as it encourages and empowers you to live on top of the world everyday. I've always had a passion for writing ever since I was a child. Now I'm an adult I've decided to allow God to use one of the many gifts he's given me to encourage and create a place of spiritual refuge for the discouraged, broken hearten and those who at times feel they have no hope. I thank God for all of the gifts that he has given me and my greatest intent is for me to give them back to him by using them for his Glory. Enjoy, be encouraged and inspired. Lorraine B :)

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

SUICIDE

Proverbs 18:21
The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Hosea 6:5 New International Version (NIV)
5 Therefore I cut you in pieces with my prophets, I killed you with the words of my mouth— then my judgments go forth like the sun.[a]

We are such powerful creatures. God has given us so much power and without realizing it, we use that power for evil instead of good. We misuse and abuse it at times without really knowing it. Every time I read or listen to Proverbs 18:21, I realize how much power God has given me through words. I realize that often times I’ve committed suicide by killing myself or my situation with my own words. Or maybe I’ve cursed myself or other people with that same power that God has given me. Then I stumbled across Hosea 6 and when I think of how I’m made in God’s image I realize that I have and can really do some serious damage with the things that I say. God said that he will kill with the words of his mouth and if I’m made in his image I too can kill with the words of my mouth. I’ve consistently committed suicide in the past and I should be pronounced as dead. But God has given me another chance to resurrect the things I’ve done and said to myself and to others through his grace, knowledge, wisdom, understanding and forgiveness by reading his word.

How much longer are you going to commit suicide? How much longer are you going to kill others and situations with your words? It’s time to speak life and not death starting with speaking to yourself and your situation and then continue speaking life as you interact with others every day. It’s time to resurrect from the death bed that you’ve made with all the negative unproductive words that you’ve uttered over the past. Today is the day to make it a habit everyday to speak life to yourself as God speaks life to you. Anything other than life is from the evil one because his aim is to steal, KILL and destroy you and he will try whatever it is (even your words) to take yourself out. Choose and speak life over death today it’s not too late for your own resurrection.

© Lorraine Benjamin 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment