Lorraine B

My photo
Hello and welcome to a place of Spiritual Refuge. A place where you can come and meditate on the word of God as it encourages and empowers you to live on top of the world everyday. I've always had a passion for writing ever since I was a child. Now I'm an adult I've decided to allow God to use one of the many gifts he's given me to encourage and create a place of spiritual refuge for the discouraged, broken hearten and those who at times feel they have no hope. I thank God for all of the gifts that he has given me and my greatest intent is for me to give them back to him by using them for his Glory. Enjoy, be encouraged and inspired. Lorraine B :)

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I’m content but things have to change!

Phil 4:11 -13
According to thefreedictionary.com, to be content is to accept things the way that they currently are; desiring no more than what one has; a state of acceptance. Now I know that Paul said in Philippians chapter 4 that he’s learned to be content in whatever state he is and I assume that to mean that he’s learned not to complain no matter what state he found himself in. However because I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, I refuse just to be content with what is going on in any present circumstances.
Now don’t get me wrong I’ve chosen to be grateful and to be content with whatever I have whether in little or in much that God has given to me but I refuse to just stay in my present circumstances! I want to have an honest desire for change, I want to desire more than what I currently have not for my selfish earthly gain but for the advancement of the kingdom and to help others and because God has given me the ability to do so through him who gives me strength, I am not going to just accept things the way that they are and be content with it; remaining complacent. I am going to speak those things that aren’t as if they were and seek God through prayer for constant change as I move from one level to the next in him. I refuse to just be content and stay in my present situation. Something has to change!
© Lorraine Benjamin 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment