Lorraine B

My photo
Hello and welcome to a place of Spiritual Refuge. A place where you can come and meditate on the word of God as it encourages and empowers you to live on top of the world everyday. I've always had a passion for writing ever since I was a child. Now I'm an adult I've decided to allow God to use one of the many gifts he's given me to encourage and create a place of spiritual refuge for the discouraged, broken hearten and those who at times feel they have no hope. I thank God for all of the gifts that he has given me and my greatest intent is for me to give them back to him by using them for his Glory. Enjoy, be encouraged and inspired. Lorraine B :)

Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Open Invitation

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. NIV


It's amazing how in this scripture God gives us an invitation to "come" but as I deal with the day to day issues of life and the trials and tribulations that it brings, I must ask myself, how many times have I delayed the peace and rest that God wants to give me as I go through the burdens that storms bring, all because I never responded to His invitation?

As I reflect and meditate on the scripture, I realize that the best part of this invitation unlike all the others that we get to weddings, parties and other social events, that require RSVP's and have deadlines, is that this invitation is one that remains open for the rest of our lives. It has no deadline. It is ETERNAL and you can RSVP whenever you want. So I've chosen to RSVP to HIS open invitation every day of my life.

God specifically left this invitation open because he's ALWAYS waiting with open arms and the best part is all you have to do is RSVP and show up to get the REST that he so wants to give as one of his many promises to you. How do you RSVP and show up? By simply surrendering every struggle, issue, disappointment and weight that bears you down and allow him to replace it with HIS unexplainable and unconditional peace and rest.

So when are you going to RSVP to the open invitation? Whenever you feel like it? Once a week after you've done all that you can and nothing seems to be working out the way you want it to? Or will you choose to do it every single day of your life? It's your life, you choose, He's waiting....

(c) Lorraine Benjamin 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment