Lorraine B

My photo
Hello and welcome to a place of Spiritual Refuge. A place where you can come and meditate on the word of God as it encourages and empowers you to live on top of the world everyday. I've always had a passion for writing ever since I was a child. Now I'm an adult I've decided to allow God to use one of the many gifts he's given me to encourage and create a place of spiritual refuge for the discouraged, broken hearten and those who at times feel they have no hope. I thank God for all of the gifts that he has given me and my greatest intent is for me to give them back to him by using them for his Glory. Enjoy, be encouraged and inspired. Lorraine B :)

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What's in your resume?

John 10:10 (KJV)
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
1 Peter 5:8-9 (NIV)
8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.


As I was going through some spiritual attacks lately, I couldn't help but go back to what the enemy's job description was. I seriously had to take a look at his resume and his track record to really understand what was going on in my situation. Now according to some theologians, some relate to the enemy as the thief that is mentioned in John 10:10 so therefore his resume reflects anything resulting in stealing, killing and destroying. Also in 1 Peter 5: 8-9 he also is responsible for prowling around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Now I don't know about you but that's one crafty resume that he is proud of and if we give him a foothold in our lives or situations he will succeed at accomplishing every single attempt to steal, kill, destroy and devour us with success.

So after I read his qualifications and track record I decided that I needed to revamp my resume as well. I chose to create a resume that counteracted everything that he was skillful in. So seeing that his job is to kill - my job is to speak life to my situation, if his job is to steal, destroy and devour - my job is to restore and build back up. Now he's very cunning and skillful in his craft so the only how I can be skillful in my craft is to read the word, hold fast to my faith and speak life until I in turn destroy what he has set out to do.

The enemy didn't just develop these skills overnight he is extremely skillful in these areas of work so if you're lacking the skills needed in any area of your spiritual resume, you might want to consider taking some continuous education courses in the word and your past experiences so that you can learn how to sharpen the skills needed to be the best qualified candidate for the job of keeping and preserving your life that he is so seeking to destroy.

Sharpen your spiritual skills with the word, prayer and faith and knock him out the ball park with your spiritual skills so that you can win and keep the job that is rightfully yours. Remember we are constantly in a spiritual warfare not one that is fought by the flesh but by the full armor of God.

Spiritual warfare and the full armor of God - Ephesians 6:10 -19



No comments:

Post a Comment