Lorraine B

My photo
Hello and welcome to a place of Spiritual Refuge. A place where you can come and meditate on the word of God as it encourages and empowers you to live on top of the world everyday. I've always had a passion for writing ever since I was a child. Now I'm an adult I've decided to allow God to use one of the many gifts he's given me to encourage and create a place of spiritual refuge for the discouraged, broken hearten and those who at times feel they have no hope. I thank God for all of the gifts that he has given me and my greatest intent is for me to give them back to him by using them for his Glory. Enjoy, be encouraged and inspired. Lorraine B :)

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The gift of God

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (KJV) How many times have we heard this scripture being quoted from time to time? I know for me, I've heard it all of my life but never really took the time to meditate on it. Have you ever got excited when you got a gift and in that gift there were two or three other gifts that were given to you all because your friend or loved one thought that you were great and that you deserved all of them? Well that's how I think about Jesus in this scripture. I think about Jesus being that gift of God that gives us eternal life banishing the death that sin brings. I think of Jesus being the utmost gift that God gave us and in him there are many other gifts that allows us eternal life.
Think about it, imagine God giving you a gift and it is there's the 1st gift Jesus and then Jesus gives you another box and in that box there are the gifts of deliverance, repentance, freedom of sin, joy, peace, forgiveness, no condemnation, no guilt, eternal life and the more you pull open these gifts there are more and more gifts just over flowing until you're left with a room full of gifts that God personally designed for you so that you do not have to die from sin. Isn't He awesome? Well that's the God I serve. We do not ever have to perish in sin because he gave us Jesus who is filled with all of the gifts that we need for our freedom through eternal life! Amen. (c) Lorraine Benjamin 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment