Lorraine B

My photo
Hello and welcome to a place of Spiritual Refuge. A place where you can come and meditate on the word of God as it encourages and empowers you to live on top of the world everyday. I've always had a passion for writing ever since I was a child. Now I'm an adult I've decided to allow God to use one of the many gifts he's given me to encourage and create a place of spiritual refuge for the discouraged, broken hearten and those who at times feel they have no hope. I thank God for all of the gifts that he has given me and my greatest intent is for me to give them back to him by using them for his Glory. Enjoy, be encouraged and inspired. Lorraine B :)

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Appreciate the gift (s) that God has given you

Have you considered lately the many gifts that God has given you? If I were to go back in my memory bank, there are so many gifts that God has showered me with over the years. From many material things, money, cars, jobs, great friendships, new friendships, faithful friendships, the word of God, the man of my dreams, and the list goes on and on. And the more I think about it, the more I believe I ought to show God how much I appreciate all of the gifts he’s given me by not only telling him that I appreciate them but by also taking care of them.

I mean what good is it for him to shower us with many more gifts of a better quality when we haven’t shown him that we appreciate the gifts that he’s already given to us. What good is it I pray for new friends but I don’t show God that I appreciate him sending them in my life, by always fussing and finding fault in them. What good is it that God gives me a car but I mistreat it and only change the oil once a year, don't wash and vacuum it but I’m praying for a bigger and better car expecting to get it. What good is it that I ask God for the man or the woman that he wants for me but when he releases him or her I bicker, complain, fight, argue and cheat on them instead of nurturing and building him/her up in the Lord. What good is it that I ask God for the gift of children but I abuse them, don’t take care of them and not provide a safe environment for them. What good is it that I ask God for a bigger house but the one I currently have is always dirty, needs painting and has rats and rodents creeping around.

Show God that we appreciate the gifts that he’s given us, no matter what they are or who they are by taking good care of them so that he can trust us with the greater gifts that he has in store.

© Lorraine Benjamin 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment