Lorraine B

My photo
Hello and welcome to a place of Spiritual Refuge. A place where you can come and meditate on the word of God as it encourages and empowers you to live on top of the world everyday. I've always had a passion for writing ever since I was a child. Now I'm an adult I've decided to allow God to use one of the many gifts he's given me to encourage and create a place of spiritual refuge for the discouraged, broken hearten and those who at times feel they have no hope. I thank God for all of the gifts that he has given me and my greatest intent is for me to give them back to him by using them for his Glory. Enjoy, be encouraged and inspired. Lorraine B :)

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

God! My Feet hurt!

Ephesians 6:13
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.KJV

Have you ever had something to do that required you to stand for a long period of time? Whether you were at a pavilion or doing a work out video or just waiting around for whatever reason, we've all been there. As I look in amazement at the picture of those soldiers that stand at the tomb of the unknown solider in DC, I'm in awe and wish I could have such endurance. Come rain, sun, snow, wind and even Hurricane Sandy, THEY STAND. Don't you think at times they get hungry or weary? Yes! But because they've given specific instructions to stand, they do it, do it well and with pride because they understand the purpose of their assignment. The longer they stand the more the pain eases up, the more they remain focus, the more they realize their purpose and the more they want to stand to complete their assignment.

When I think about this scripture it reminds me of my spiritual feet and I relate to it like physically standing for something. We know that many times after standing for long periods of time we get restless, we start to twitch, whine and complain. Trust me I've been there...we start to look around for an easy way out or possibly a way of escape, maybe a seat perhaps to ease the pain of standing for so long or we just get impatient and restless. But God never said to stop standing or to look for a place to sit down or to take a break. He said to stand- period! Although it hurts, although it's hard, although many times it doesn't make sense and you don't understand it he said to stand! Yes HE KNOWS that at times it will hurt, he knows that the rain, sun, snow and winds will come He knows that you'll feel the sting and would want to give up but hold hold fast and be steadfast because while you're standing, being faithful and steadfast, HE KNOWS the ultimate purpose of you standing firm is all part of his preparation in making you even more patient filled with endurance and perseverance so that after you complete this assignment successfully you would have EVERYTHING that you need in order to face the next assignment which will require you to STAND. STAND FIRM! BELIEVE IN YOUR DREAMS! BELIEVE GOD'S PROMISES TO YOU and DO NO SETTLE FOR LESS! STAND FIRM. HE WILL FULFILL EVERYTHING THAT HE PROMISED IF ONLY YOU WILL STAND!

(c) Lorraine Benjamin 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment